We continue our 2022 NFL Draft prospect interview series with another highly touted Big Ten prospect , Illinois’s left tackle Vederian Lowe. As you will see, Vederian is a very well-spoken man with high character and leadership, as you would expect from a fifth year player who is actually also a married man with two children. On the field, Vederian is a well-rounded offensive tackle prospect with great size, strength, and athleticism. You’ll want to catch our interview with him as he talks about balancing being a Big Ten student-athlete with supporting a family, the excitement in the Illinois program about the arrival of decorated head coach Bret Bielema, and much more! Here are a few quotes that stood out to us:
- “Becoming a father at this young of an age has helped me grow as a man. It’s helped me realize what’s important in life. It’s helped me realize I can’t waste any time in becoming a better football player.”
- On choosing to return to Illinois for a 5th season: “I felt like I shouldn’t jump the gun… I felt like I could put myself in a much better position if I just waited my turn.”
- “Coach Bielema has come in and has taught us so much about the game that we didn’t know. Everybody in this entire program is so glad to have him.”
- “My freshman year I had no idea who he was, when the third-string defenders come out, it’s Chase Young and I’m like oh my goodness.”
Here is the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVMXWCF4G6k
You can also listen to it on Spotify or Apple Podcasts under Bold Take Scouting Podcast too as always! Enjoy!
- Cover Image: https://247sports.com/player/vederian-lowe-76453/